Always ask any moonshiner:
tell me about how you separate your methanol from your still’s drinking liquor.

It used to be common for high volume moonshiners to use soldered brass car radiators which put lead in moonshine.

Sears used to sell a stainless steel 1.1 gallon stainless steel electric powered, air cooler coil water distiller.
Today eBay has similar 4 liter stainless steel water distilling units.

In North Carolina I first saw Mason Jars of moonshine with charred oak floating inside.

The latest research from the 500,000 people in the UK Biobank estimates that a drink containing 7 grams of alcohol might be the “beneficial to human health” daily limit.
7 grams of 100 proof is just one shot glass.

If you eat a high fiber diet up to 10 grams of alcohol will be made in your gut.
This alcohol does not go through the stomach.
While in the stomach some alcohol gets turned into the chemical Acetaldehyde.
Your brain can get highly addicted to even small amounts of Acetaldehyde.

I have an ancestor who was a moonshiner, an “Overmountain man” at the battle of Kings Mountain and then an upset citizen of Kentucky County of Virginia during The Whiskey Rebellion.

As a first year Boy Scout I heard campfire stories from USA Navy veteran Shirley King, who was a PT Boat crew member on John F Kennedy’s first boat, then briefly on PT 109. Shirley says that JFK had him build and operate a moonshine still to separate methanol from ethanol of Torpedo fuel. Shirley King was sick in hospital and not on PT 109 when it was sliced in two by the Japanese Destroyer Amagriri. Shirley King stood by the side of a highway in Lexington KY to watch then Senator JFK drive by in a convertible. He had not told JFK he would be there. JFK saw him, stopped the parade, and got out to talk to him and shake his hand and be photographed by reporters. JFK later as President nominated Shirley King to paid positions on Federal Commissions.