Manheim auctions are wholesale (dealer) auctions and the MMR reflects wholesale values. There are other evaluators that indicate retail values. One thing that can be gleaned from both evaluations are trends if you are following a particular vehicle like the Hellcats.

Lots of things go into auction prices and the initial decision to place the unit there. But the choice pieces do not typically go to a wholesale auction. Why would a dealer take wholesale money, less fees and transportation, for a unit that is truly retail ready? There is always a reason that an apparently good retail piece goes to a wholesale auction. A 1 (or maybe 2) owner Hellcat with no accident history would be much more desirable than the same unit with half a dozen owners or with an accident report. Or had significant warranty issues. The devil is in the details.

MMR is a very good indicator of wholesale pricing, but misses the retail money on solid, clean units unless the vehicle is in really, really limited supply. Early on, Hellcats brought retail plus at Manheim when they couldn't be found otherwise and 1 or 2 year old Hellcats would often have several prior owners (flippers) in short order. It was not uncommon to see Hellcats with 6 or 7 prior owners at Manheim by the time they were 2 years old. But those days are long gone.

I will just bet that if you look at the background of the Hellcats at the Manheim wholesale auctions today, you will find the reason they are there, rather than on a dealer's lot. Or in an owner's garage.

I will tell you this; I would be very interested in a one (or 2) owner, accident free Hellcat with 34k for $38k. But it is highly unlikely that is what was sold at Manheim.

Master, again and still