Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by DGS
Originally Posted by jcc
I'd be happy with a return of a better/wider selection of performance tires in 14/15's.

Or 275/45/17 tires.. no idea why this size does not exist

It's like if a grocery store only sold the items that move in quantity, all they would have would be milk, bread, TP, and in my store, Ice cream, grin

a few weeks ago, [possibly 2 months or better] i was wanting new 15" tires for the front of my charger.
i wanted something that didn't look like the "tractor type" tread pattern of all season tires.
what a chore that was !
i finally found a pair that had a grooved pattern almost reminiscent of "summer tires" of old.
the company was Land Sail, and of COURSE they were not made HERE ! mad
i debated for a while, but i finally pulled the trigger on them, a pair of 215-70r 15. i think they were around 68 each.
when they arrived, i was pleasantly surprised. nice tread pattern as pictured, and seemed to be as well constructed as any tire offered at most tire shops.
i had them mounted on a new set of 7" wide torque thrust originals [with the straight spokes] and it took only 1/4 once on one wheel and 3/4 ounce of weight on the other to balance them.
they go down the road very nice, no pulls, vibrations, nothing but smooth "sailing".
i don't expect a long life, but who knows ?
we shall see, but the car is put up for the winter. [after i FINALLY got it going again since 2006. biggrin]
beer