Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by Dcuda69
We did Hawaii a few years back. Did a cruise to all the popular islands...the only thing I was interested in was Pearl Harbor. Very sobering experience. IMO everyone should make it a goal to visit a couple places in their lives.... Pearl Harbor and the World Trade Center Memorial. I've been to both........very moving experience.

You should also do the Vietnam and Korean war memorials wink

I've been to Pearl Harbor twice. Last time, I was lucky to go with my Dad, who is retired Army, and we had the golden ticket to go many places most cannot. We were able to get on Base, and see things off the normal sites, like the small museums on base. We also visited the USS Utah.

This next May, my Dad and I are going on a trip to DC. I for sure want to see the Vietnam, and Korea Memorials. We are planning on driving from DC to see the USS New Jersey, and USS Wisconsin as well. I've been to 4 of the remaining Battleships. USS Missouri, USS Texas, USS Massachusetts, and USS North Carolina. My life goal is to see all 8 of the remaining Battleships.

We toured the Wisconsin as well. We are from WI and my daughter went to school in Norfolk and lived about 3 blocks from the ship. Awesome to see!!