I don't think I have ever shared any video here of the ole blue tank, my 64 Savoy, as I rarely bother videoing the car making a run. Been fighting an intermittent miss for a while so nothing good to report. I decided to take it out to the NHRA Vegas Divisional to get a new chassis cert sticker on it and figured I would take the opportunity to test the car as well so I entered Super Comp. I have numbers/licenses for Top sportsman, Super Comp and Super Street so given how it runs when the miss is not present S/C seemed like the best fit. Here in Vegas S/C is run on a 9.05 index. It would normally on a good run be close to the 9.05 number. Well first couple of shots the miss was there and I went 9.30 and 9.20..I have replaced just about everything on this car the last year. All of the ignition, ALL of it. The one thing I have never looked at was the carb, other than cleaning etc. Being intermittent I didn't figure that was the issue but replaced it with a known good piece I just had on the dyno. Well to my dismay that has been the issue all along. As soon as the new carb went on it was a different animal for sure..I had a very good idea that it was fixed. So went up with a fair amount of timing pulled, trying to stay under 150mph just in case as I don't have the chute on the car here. That next run was a 9.09 148. So made some small tweaks to the timing curve, as I still need to Stay under 150 but I figured I could let it eat a with more timing at the hit and just leave some of it out a bit longer. Anyway the next hit was 8.96 at just under 149. So I am finally happy with the way this thing runs Converter is still way tight, carb was a bit lean still and some other little things, but that run with the timing in it would have netted me an 8.83/4 and for Vegas I am very happy with that. Air was really good for here but barometer was still 27.90 so not exactly HP air. My weekend was ended up a self inflicted error with the shifter cable. But was more than happy with the results.

I will attach a video here for your critique. Of course in true Al fashion I am now going to tear the car apart as its time to bring it up to the standard I want it to be. Bodywork and paint, interior, re wire, address the converter and trans cable and of course I am going to go through the engine and see if we can tweak a few things. I don't really need it to go much faster but just a tad is fine smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"