Originally Posted by cudabill
Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
After reading your first two posts Several times I am totally confused. Are you looking for solid or hydraulic roller lifters for your hydraulic roller cam?

I want to use solid roller lifters on my hydraulic roller cam. A gentler lobe, no hydraulic lifter failures, no needle bearings.

T.V. programs my brain ... Engine Masters - Solid roller lifters on a hydraulic cam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZTdo2-cGCM

It can be done and I have done it as well but don't make the mistake in assuming that a hydraulic roller cam has gentler lobes. If you assess the intensity levels between the cams and compare you will find that they are on par with aggressive solid profiles or in a lot of cases more aggressive. They get away with it because the hydraulic lifter is like shock absorber.
I have a marine jet boat application that I used a Hydraulic Roller Marine lobe that is supposed to be more for endurance applications and it has a major intensity level of 29 degrees. That is very aggressive on a solid roller....
AG.

Last edited by turbobitt; 10/29/23 12:43 PM.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.