There was an aftermarket tq for a while that had an electric choke. Id look for one of those. As unless you get a factory manifold meant for a tq specifically, customizing the rod from the factory style choke could be interesting. The Edelbrock performer series intakes had a factory style choke well cast in, never tried putting a tq on an Edelbrock intake.
That center heat crossover HAS to be clear and functional for the factory style electric choke to work right, they often clogged solid with carbon , when that happened they'd start easy and run good warmed up but the "in between" cold and warmed up they would be very temperamental especially in stop and start driving.

I've used Carter AFB and later Edelbrock clones of that carb in many small blocks over the years. If you go that route you're gonna want to put a plastic or even wooden (yes the speed shops used to sell wood ones) spacer between the intake and carb. Every time I didn't I had percolation problems when restarting a hot engine. Without the (insulating) spacer in there they'd boil the gas out of the bowl until either empty or the engine cooled down.