Brakes require Surface area to change mechanical energy to Heat energy. Why would you want to reduce surface area of your Brake rotors?

I get that Race cars have drilled rotors 1 in an effort to save weight, 2 They claim they cool better, Hmmm correct me if I am wrong but Brake rotors are hollow with fins to draw cooling air through them as they spin.
A Nascar race car doesn't really stop on the Track it slows down they need to cool down fast to maintain braking, They are also travailing at close to 200 mph only slowing in corners and occasional wreck They get Red hot repeatedly
all day long.

I am all for Better Brakes that stop better faster and a cool brake does just that BUT is your Daily driver Hot rod that only gets driven in city Traffic and the Hiway really need that stuff? Just my opinion But NOPE!
I run exactly what the factory put out for it and is available down at Napa. I keep the extra coin in my pocket.

BUT if you like the look and want all that your not gonna hurt anything run em. Is it gonna make it stop any faster? I think no. just my opinion.

D Barnett
A&P mechanic,
FCC general radio Telephone operator.