So for decades the 2 most popular STREET manifolds was the Edelbrock (Not Elderbrock Nicks garage) Performer and the Torker. Performer for the Mopar world was not really better than a hi po factory 4 bbl intake- but it was aluminum and looked great. The Torker was the small plenum single plane meant for hot street- even in racing and it did very well. Then comes the Performer RPM and it appears to offer the best of both worlds. But the RPM is tall- and the Torker is not. But every dyno session of "Dual plane vs Single plane" pitts the Performer or Performer RPM to the Victor. The Victor while used successfully on the street truly is a more race designed manifold. But I NEVER see the Torker or Torker 2 in the mix. Richard Holdener dynoes the Performer RPM then the Victor. RPM is a Hot Street manifold- as is the Torker. Not saying the Torker is the better manifold and thats why its ignored- well I am saying its being ignored. My theory is the videos I watch are done by guys who promote Edelbrock and the Torker is not a big seller anymore so the big leader of the packs are pushed instead. Old school HP 440 with big cam, headers, Torker intake, 3000 stall converter and some 3.91s was an economic easy to build street brawler.

Last edited by 2boltmain; 10/20/23 02:05 PM.

Keep old mopars alive.