Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by Stanton
Make sure you're allowed to build whatever it is you're thinking of.

Permits will add to the cost
You'll need power - how much to run that in and install lights, outlets, etc?
Do you want "water" now or in the future - maybe a crapper. Plumbing needs to be considered before pouring concrete
Want it warm - in your area you want insulation UNDER the concrete.
Want a hoist in the future - you need to pour the thicker pads now.
What about heat?

Slapping up four walls and a roof is no big deal - its all the other stuff that, if you don't plan and invest in it now will just cost you double and piss you off in the future.

This is Montana, no codes HOA or any other crap like that to worry about. My electrical panel is right there already as is fresh water but probably won't do anything but a sink, I would have to add another septic to do a crapper so that is out, I can walk my happy butt to the house or take a leak in outside on a tree. I already have a deal for the concrete with thick pads under the lift and insulation under it. I have a nice big wood stove that is mine in the shop im in now so heat is no issue, I could even go this winter with no insulation as the shop I am in now is not insulated at all and extremely drafty, just getting this one sealed up till next year would be an improvement over the one I'm in right now. I am building a 5.7 hemi and a-500 combo for an electricians 67 dart right now so there is that... I just got to get the dern frame and walls figured out.
Steel pole building is the way to go. Have you thought of a pre-fab wooden garage just to get through till you build one

America First!