I guess this kinda falls under aero mods.

Engine temp is cool as can be but noticed when logging on the street that the intake air temps were really toasty. (of course worse on some of the 90deg days). 50-60deg above ambient.

No big surprise considering the chrome dome pulls all the air from the bottom edge and all radiator air blows directly at it.

I struggled with making a decision on how to approach this. Pulling air from the grille was too tight and a rather torturous air path. Pulling from the corners of the cowl plenum was easy but I didn't like the look. Made some templates and the thing looked huge while covering up much of the engine.

Decided on cowl plenum. A bid tedious/difficult to make the duct from the firewall to the cowl plenum (not to mention cutting the cowl plenum with a mirror) but all turning out nice so far.

Cut hole in firewall, installed perimeter nutserts-

[Linked Image]

Made flange for the piece I cut out of the cowl plenum, then made a duct from the firewall to the flange. (this was a bit difficult, did it with poster board templates)

[Linked Image]

Duct built. The inlet is larger than the outlet so had to make a removable plate to get it through the firewall-

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Finish welded, painted and installed-

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The stamped base I've been using didn't seem like it would flow very well. Big step at the bottom perimeter and no radius into the throttle bodies-

[Linked Image]

I got a couple of drop bases, sheet aluminum and started cutting, welding and bead rolling.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by INTMD8; 10/04/23 11:57 PM.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 650rwhp @7250 510rwtq @5700