While chasing down an oil leak last month I installed one of those Mancini rear main seals - leaks worse now but not the topic here. While I had the oil pan off, I thought it would be a good idea to swap the original style windage tray w/2 gaskets over to the one-piece tray/gasket combo. There were a few scratches on the steel tray from where the connecting rod hardware had hit it, and a previous owner dimpled the areas for extra clearance. Anyway, I assumed that maybe the tray was a little bent and that was an easy fix at the time. So, I install the one-piece tray and it is so much nicer than mucking around with the extra gaskets and such. When I started the car up it sounds like a bunch of drummers going at it in the oil pan. You can certainly feel the thumping/vibrations with your hand on the bottom of the pan. Has anyone else come across this before? Is this not an issue with the 440 even with the same 3.75" stroke but smaller rod hardware? I'm thinking now that perhaps I need to change it out for the deeper one-piece designed for a 4.15" stroke to get the extra clearance. Thoughts?

68jim