Our neighbor across the street gets packages delivered a lot. We have a swing on our porch and we sit in it every nice morning. (Retirement is great).

Just the other day, I watched my regular mailperson try to deliver a package to the house across the street from me. The USPO have to scan in every package delivery. The scanner must have rejected the scan, she tried it twice and it was rejected both times. Then she really looked at the label on the package, and took the package 2 doors away, then the scanner accepted the scan and she left the package there. Don't know if she screwed up, or if the name or the address was incorrect, but apparently, the GPS in the scanner wasn't accepting the location on those first couple scans, but was happy 2 houses away.

The UPS guy pulls up in front of the house, scans the package while sitting (or standing) in the truck, then carries the package up to the house and drops it on the porch. That scan puts the package in the general vicinity of where its suppose to be.

The Fed-ex guy whips up in front of the house, jumps out of the truck, runs up close enough to throw the packager towards the porch, runs back to the truck and races away. Don't see any kind of scan going on there, but he may be taking a picture of the package on the porch before he turns and runs off. The picture proves the package was delivered someplace, but the correct place is apparently not important, just the fact it was delivered and there is picture proof.

When I ship something, its usually by the Post Office. Things are different then they used to be. Those shipping companies are now interchanging who is caring the package. just because you dropped it off at the Post Office, Fed-ex or UPS might be who puts it on the porch. We have received packages in Fed-ex boxes delivered by the US Mail.