Originally Posted by stumpy
Letters are the inspecters ID. Nothing mysterious or special meaning.

Me, I never thought they were to ID the inspector, especially on a Lynch Road Assembly ('69) fender tag. In other words if the mark was an "R" for Robert or Bob then what did Robert or Bod inspect that day on that model?? No way to tell what was inspected just that Robert or Bob put a "R" on a fender tag and then went back and wrote "ROCK" on the inner rear fender laugh2 I always thought it was to indicate something that may not be on a (Lynch Road) fender tag like an "R" for front fender radio antenna hole to be in the fender, as there is no Body-In-White info on a Lynch Road fender tag for a radio? I think those stamps are for what was inspected, verified and in place and that anyone doing that job put them there or even before they were in place, like the radio antenna hole in the fender. Still waiting for someone to show me on a Lynch Road Assembly metal fender tag something that is not used or important in Body-In-White (BIW) and Paint on the LR fender tag. Saying it is the inspector (person) would mean that "PAINT OK" is the inspector's name too. Paint OK worked a lot of shifts. wink