I look up that airport, it is northeast of Desert Center on the county road to Rice and Vidal Junction, CA and then onto Parker AZ and it is very small and narrow privately own airport located at the bottom of the grade with hills very close to it.
I lived in Desert Center back in the days when my Mother and Father were going through their divorce, it (Desert Center) hasn't change very much since the mid 1950 when my grandfather was station their working for CA Department of Highways long before it became Cal Trans.
I know that area well, there is a whole lot of nothing out their but greasewood bushes, sand, rock mountains and hills and desert critters that you don't want them to bite or sting you tsk whistling
I ended up living in the Victor Valley from 1970 to 2005 before we moved up here to Bend, OR. I've driven and flown over most of SO CA from Sacramento south and from the coast to the Colorado river, the background shots they were showing on T.V tonight show reminded me of the Palmdale, Lancaster area in the Antelope Valley due to the flatness and the business and housing lights in the distance away from where they are racing, the high radio tower in background with the aviation flashing red warning light makes me think it t is near Palmdale, CA work shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/15/23 03:03 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)