When we lived in Desert Center the owner of that airstrips wife was the Post Master in Desert Center, theirs was only one house on that property back then, nearest house to them was back near Desert Center.
I saw my first Sidewinder in the desert near Desert Center and my first desert tortoise. I experience several other first their work up
We moved to Blythe in the summer of 1958 and I started eight grade their and went to school up to the fall semester of my junior year in 1961 when we moved the 29 Palms. I hated changing schools, did it way too many times rant
I was really proud that I was able to keep my kids in the same Christain school in Hesperia, CA from kindergarten to 12 th. grade when my daughter graduated from it, my Son ask to transfer to the public school in his junior year after seeing the first Top Gun Movie that made him want to go to junior R.O.T.C that the public high School offered, he join the navy reserve on his 17th birthday and went from high school one week after graduating from high school to Navy Boot camp at Great Lakes Naval training center. He had qualified for Officer Canidate School when he took the initial ASFAB testing and was planning on attend O.C.S. after getting his A.A. or A.S degree at the local junior college to qualify for OCS, but President Goerge Herbert Walker Bush change that requirement to needing a B.S.or a B.A.to go to OCS in 1989 and he ended up not wanting to go to a four year college to get one those degrees so that plan went kaput down shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/16/23 01:35 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)