Originally Posted by ink
I'm recently retired and now going to these shows always wanted to go to these bigger shows. I have never yet been to the nats, still not sure if I'm going next week? nats is 7 hrs. each way. I only go for the swap meet. I will always have 5 projects go at one time lol?? this year was my second year going to Carlisle. (13hrs each way) I don't think I will do it again solo. I can't seem to get any of the guys that I do the closer home shows to go. they have gone and don't want to spend the time and money on it anymore, I guess. and without someone (or two) to help with that cost I won't be back. ok with all that said. the one thing that gets me is the parts pick up at Carlisle ! had bought 4 sets of quarter panels and the wheel wells and some doors and just a ton of stuff!! (And I told them this) . this was on sat, well on Friday I was able to give a 50- dollar deposit and was allowed in to pick my stuff up in my truck Well on Saturday they would not let you in with your truck! they wanted you to wait till day end ? this is not very easy since the venders all want to close and go home so what to do with all this stuff ??? they are like ?? no problem... they would give me a part pickup.so let me see if I got this right ? I can wait till the end of day, and everyone will be driving in at the same time or parts pickup And have my parts lying in the aisles? this just pissed me off! this to me is just another hidden cost and nothing more than a way to line their pockets! it took one hour to get the golf cart thing to me !!! and another 3 trips back and forth. . unreal! I reluctantly gave the guy 20 dollar tip only to get a lqqk like that's it? he says to me." you know how long it would of took you to walk all that?? I wanted to say YEAH!!!! NO TIME OR MONEY AT ALL IF I COULD OF TOOK MY TRUCK IN WHEN I WAS AT THE GATE 2 HRS AGO!!!!!!! i'm sure a guy with 1 heavy part giving 5 dollars to have it dropped off at his car works but this was just stupid! stuff didn't fit on the thing and only increased the odds of damage. never even took it to my truck. dropped it at gate. Couldn't make it any harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We try our best to accommodate everyone and their needs to pick up parts. We offer FREE parts hauling ranging from a golf cart all the way up to a forklift. We regularly load and haul large items like engines, cabs, frames, beds, etc. It's all done for a donation ONLY and it goes directly to the CMAF (Chip Miller Amyloidosis Foundation). FYI, Amyloidosis is the disease which took the life of our co-founder, Chip Miller, 20 years ago. So parts hauling is NOT a money grab in any way.

As far as the process to drive in and pick up parts, you give your driver's license and a $50 deposit and you are given approximately one hour to get your parts and return to the gate. When you return to the gate, you get your $50 and your license back. So again, it's NOT a money grab. It's a deposit to make sure you go in, get your stuff and exit in a timely manner. We can't have people coming in and driving around all day. The reason you were able to drive in on Friday but not on Saturday is because Saturday is WAY busier than any other day. Due to the sheer volume of vehicle and foot traffic on a Saturday of a big show like Chrysler, we generally don't allow parts pick ups until after 5pm.

The reason they only hauled your parts to the gate is because, legally, our parts haulers can only go as far as the gate. Outside of the gates they would be on public roadways and we are not allowed to operate equipment on public roads. If you bought 4 sets of quarter panels and wheel houses, they almost had to be from Stephens as I'm not aware of anyone else at the show with that much sheet metal. I'm pretty sure they would hold your parts until 5pm on Saturday. I would verify with them upon purchase but I'm not aware of them closing early on Saturday. Ted and his crew are some of the last to leave on Sunday so they are here for the duration.

I think it's a great service that we offer and it is FREE. A donation is at the customer's discretion.

Hopefully this information is helpful to you and anyone else who is considering purchasing anything large and/or heavy.

Ed B