Those are very fair answers and I appreciate the honesty. But have you ever actually been to Carlisle for the Chrysler Nationals? I ask because while we don't have on site drag racing, there IS Mopar only drag racing on Friday afternoon/evening at South Mountain about 15 minutes away. We also have onsite autocross and Dodge is typically in attendance doing Hellcat Thrill Rides. So it's not totally static.

I have toyed with the idea of getting rid of the class parking and the participant ballot judging, but there are still a lot of people who appreciate the organization of the layout by class.

The large majority of cars at Carlisle are NOT perfectly restored OE trailer queens. Yes, we get some. Most of them go in one of the special display buildings. We get A LOT of driver quality cars. I personally don't think there is any shortage of anything at Carlisle...other than maybe cars earlier than the Forward Look era.

For what it's worth, I go to The Nats every year and I always enjoy it! What's not to like? It's a show of nothing but Mopars!! I've been going since the '80s. I try to support ALL of the Mopar shows. We are all in this together. I try to work with all other show promoters and help if I can.

I do NOT want this to turn into a Carlisle vs The Nats thread. I really just wanted to ask my question. I can't please everyone but I always want to hear feedback from people. If there is something I can do, I'm always willing to try.

I know Carlisle is a hike for you guys, but you should really give it a try sometime. It might not be as bad as you think it is.

Thanks for listening!

Ed B

Last edited by cudaboy340; 05/31/23 05:51 PM.