My 70 Cuda is also in the paint shop nearly ready for color. Since I'm personally not looking for a perfectly accurate textured organisol look, I'm using a product called "Essentials". This will be my third time using this product and I much prefer it over the original organisol due to cost and ease of care. Below you can see a photo of my A12 hood painted with Essentials. At the end of the article that MoparMike linked, they actually try using another affordable product called SEM Trim Black, which they modified to get a similar look to organisol with great results. Point being, if you're willing to forego actual organisol, you've got options! And in my opinion your wallet and future-self will thank you every time you dry your car after washing it.

[Linked Image][/url]

I'm using the Essentials (pictured here on my old Roadrunner) on my Cuda's rear tail panel, AAR spoiler, hood, and even the car's dash frame. The Essentials has a satin sheen, not flat, and is smooth to the touch. It's scratch resistant and easy to dry.

Last edited by BigDaddy440; 07/17/23 09:36 PM.

1969 A12 Roadrunner
1970 Plymouth Cuda
1968 Dodge Dart