Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
Fender tags were made in plant when the builds were ready to start.

Broadcast sheets were also printed in plant at multiple stations so each department knew what parts to ready for installation on the line(s). (think of a radio broadcast, except broadcast via paper)

Consumer Information sheets & Monroney labels were printed at the end of the line, so were the Mylar door stickers.

Actually I know from what I did for over 30 years with a on-highway vehicle manufacture the Mylar door stickers could NOT be installed until the absolute finalization of the vehicle since 1970 when they recieved a date. This is because it states that the vehicle in question would make the statement THIS VEHICLE CONFORMS WITH ALL APPLICAL FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS.....blah, blah, blah ON THE DATE OF MANUFACTURE SHOWN ABOVE. DAMHIK but, well okay I had to have new labels made for a large batch of vehicles that had some delayed component deliveries and the vehicles were shipped but technically the final date of manufacture was delayed until the components were installed. This time delay meant the date of final manufacture was a month later and we had to replace the compliance label. I think a situation like this happened to a "the last XXXX built" but it wasn't the highest VIN but due to some delay it may have been in the eyes of the Feds. In other words the Mylar compliance door label with the Date of Manufacture should by Federal law be the very last thing to be put on...........a technicality but it should be (but we all know it's not wink grin )

FMVSS Compliance label.jpg