Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
[/quote] tsk Don't spread misinformation about LSA, Lobe separation angles means when the cam lobe is at max lift from TDC, the same lobes ground on 104 LSA will have a lot rougher idle with less manifold vacuum than a cam with the same lobes ground on a 112 LSA due to less over lap at TDC on the wider LSA work scope twocents

Cab,

With all do respect, I'm certainly not intentionally spreading misinformation about camshaft characteristics. However, I did make a mistake, and I think it's causing the confusion. In my simple example, I should have said: "A general rule of thumb is that the Wider the LSA (bigger number) the more tame your idle characteristics will become and more engine vacuum you'll produce. So an LSA of 112 will idle smoother than say a Tighter LSA of 108 degrees." My mistake was that I confused the terms Tighter and Wider.

Other than that, I don't see any conflict in the information I've provided the topic starter and the information you provided. I hope this helps clear things up. Sorry for any confusion.

-Dan

Last edited by BigDaddy440; 07/11/23 02:17 AM.

1969 A12 Roadrunner
1970 Plymouth Cuda
1968 Dodge Dart