Originally Posted by TrackPack
Originally Posted by ZIPPY

Epoxy, surfacer, and clear are from spi. Earlier I also experimented with a less expensive
Acme clear that will get used for less critical stuff. (I clear coated my engine with the Acme).

Beautiful job on the GTX.

What clear did you use from SPI? After lots of research I ordered their Euro clear for my project. Waiting for it to arrive this week.

Thanks all!

I used the Universal Clear, but not until a tried a quart on scrap, practiced with it/did a crazy amount of sanding, decided that was 'the one'......and then eventually used it inside the trunk to see it on something
I was really going to use. Immediately loved it, after that experience with it I ordered larger quantity for the rest of the project.

Euro has that reputation of being more user friendly to spray since reducer is required, and curing noticeably harder.

I thought about euro but loved the idea of a 1:1 product, no reducer to add or experiment with is like one less thing to go wrong, and wanted it easy to buff out even a few years from now....but really I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri