Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by oldjonny
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
I am going to predict this motor is going to be very problem-prone, & is going to be fragile. Short lifespan.

I'm with you on that one. Ask Ford truck owners how much they like their single and dual turbo 6's....in the long run.

If I valued the opinion of Ford owner's I would be one.

I finally got my new work truck, Friday before last. I have about 1100 miles on it right now. It's a Silverado 1500 with the turbo 4. I didn't pick it.

So far, it's ok. I carry as much stuff (fully loaded) as I did on the 3/4 ton it replaced, Silverado 2500 with the 6.0.

Right now, it averages 5 mpg more than the 2500 did, It accelerates just as well, if not better.

No comment on durability yet, the 2500 had 170,000+ miles on it when I turned it in.

The only complaint I have is that the gear I carry around has given the 1500 a Carolina squat, so I need to fix that and that all that stuff I am carrying doesn't all fit in the bed like it did with the 2500, long bed vs regular bed is that issue.

Friend of mine leased one. He said its not something he wants to own, but for the 3 years, its "OK"..then gone.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience