Originally Posted by cudaboy340
Originally Posted by 68SportFury
People were kinda snotty about the last few giveaway cars, too. "A four-door Fury? Ecch." "They gave away a Six-Pack Super Bee one year, what's with the six-cylinder Scamp?"
It's a free car, dude.

YUP!!! I heard it all. I had the '69 Fury convertible one year that people complained about like crazy! Yes, it was wavy!! But it was solid and drove great!! Someone just did crappy body work on it. I drove that car a bunch. It would roll at 75 mph and go perfectly straight down the road. Putting it on the stage really exaggerated the waviness because it put the car above eye level. On the ground, it was very presentable. Several people said if they won it, they were going to give it to me. Heck yeah!!! I would've driven it as-is and if it really started to bother me, I was going to block it and respray it.

Ed B

I was standing in the crowd with some friends during the '69 Fury giveaway. I was saying it'd be cool if I won it because then I'd have a '67, a '68 and a '69.

The black Superbird giveaway was the first time I ever went to Carlisle. No navigation, no map, got to the fairgrounds late in the day. At the gate, they were like "It's almost over!" I said, "I don't care, I just wanna get a chance on the Superbird!" grin

Paul
68 Sport Fury ragtop
67 Fury III 4-dr HT
11 Charger Rallye
17 Challenger SXT Plus