Originally Posted by Moparite
The black Superbird giveaway was the first time I ever went to Carlisle.

Black? Well the one i remember was blue. When they read off the #'s the lady that had the winning ticket didn't even know witch car it was. Her husband bough like 2-3 other cars there and was wondering how they where going to get it home.

Yes! I was here for that. It was definitely black (but I think it was an EW1 white car originally). Remember the crowd BOOED her when she said that? FYI, the black Superbird was NOT a giveaway at Chrysler. That was Summer Carlisle. True story - I was a kid working at Cole's Bicycles in Carlisle when a guy came in to get his bike worked on. He asked who owned the lime green Dart in the employee lot (it was mine) and we struck up a conversation. Carlisle had always given away 3 "common" muscle cars at Summer Carlisle (Ford, GM and Chrysler). He told me that Carlisle was thinking of giving away one high dollar car rather than 3. He wanted to know what one car I would want most if they went that route. I said that was easy, a Superbird. He came back in a couple of days later to pick up his bike and told me they found a Superbird that they were buying. I thought that was pretty cool!!

Ed B

Last edited by cudaboy340; 05/11/23 09:12 AM.