Nearly all the cars and trucks I've built were piles of metal that sort of resembled a car or truck, but I sure didn't pay $3 grand for any of them. The hard reality is, once I get them to the street, it probably would have been cheaper to buy a nice ride, but where is the challenge in that?

When I get done, the build from a pile of parts to a vehicle I can safely drive on the street generally takes a bit over a year (I've done several and have picture proof), But then there are a couple more years of refining before they reach what I call a decent ride. By then I'm bored with it and I'm looking for whatever is next. When I find it, I begin the build and get it to road worthy and sell the old one to cover the cost of the new one. The process starts over.

I believe its the challenge to make that pile into something I can drive, then put a bunch of miles on it to prove I can do it that drives me to build these piles no one else is dumb enough to do. That worked out well when I was younger, but these days the drive to accomplish a build isn't so strong anymore, or I've finally got something I really like. I'll let you know how that works out for me in a couple years. The current truck has been licensed for 2 years, and we have been driving the coupe since 2012.