Originally Posted by chargervert
When you are young, you believe that any old car can be fixed, after 45 years of fixing rusty New England cars, I buy them from down south and out west!
true that !!! live and learn. my first Mopar at 16 was a 69 dodge A108 over the last five years or so with all the f/b A100 sits these vans have really blown up and some people are asking 15 thousand for just a ok solid driver and then you got some asking 30 thousand for nicer. I now have 3 A100 vans 1 A108 pop top camper van and 1 64A100 truck all very nice!!! nothing I call over the top but super solid. I wouldn't have more than the one I started with if the others didn't pop up at a price (1800$ ) you couldn't walk away from!!!! also picked up a 68 dart 340 4sd gts for this same reason. I have never been a flipper so I kinda do have a problem ??lol all I'm trying to say is the deals will always come up if your patient and have the money and trailer /time !!! every year about this time i had another buddy that called me and wants me to help him find a 68/9 Dart. Every year i ask him if he has the cash in hand and every year it was the same thing ~ he wants to find the car first once that happens, he will then get a loan? i told him the only cars he will ever have to choose for are the ones nobody wants and been for sale for years. . not to mention no bank is given loans on a 50-year-old car. after a few years of this he bought a brand-new truck??there is no doubt in my mind that in the years that this guy and his son is working on that pos 73 charger (and I love them) I can find a 71/2 a million times better!!! I just wish they had more discipline and patience.