Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I go through batteries every two years no matter how much I spend on one. I did have my charging system crap out and replaced, but batteries are pretty much junk anymore. I gave up trickle charging them, I just budget for a new battery every two years, sometimes get three out of them but it isn't worth the worry... frown

Rhino,
is this on your daily drivers or cars that sit? I started just disconnecting the batteries when parking for extended periods and have gotten 7-10 years out of them. That may no longer be true though as I have heard the Battery MFr's (mistype 🙄) have been cutting costs by decreasing the internal pates etc. shruggy

I was specifically talking about my 91 Softail Custom Harley-Davidson I have owned since new. I have tried every imaginable battery made for these bikes, lead acid, AGM, and whatever new technology that has come out since I bought it and still have to get a new one every couple of years. Like I said before, no matter what I do or use that is the fact, they just do not last... shruggy

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!