Thanks again Stanton and all...

I just got home after 13 hours driving, with the minivan and the roof rack packed full. I had no issues whatsoever.

Entry into Canada at Niagara Falls entailed showing my passport, and the agent asked where I was from, where I was going, for how long, and for what purpose. I replied from the Albany NY area, going to Kenilworth Ontario, just for the day, to buy a bunch of used Maserati parts. He asked me to roll down the rear window to see the back of the van. Empty. A conversation then ensued about what kind of Maserati, what they are like, how much they are worth. The only thing I volunteered was how much US cash I was bringing in, even though I knew it was well below the reportable limit. He was fine with that. The Canadian waved me through and wished me a pleasant day.

The Seller and I wrote up an itemized Bill of Sale with a reasonable purchase price on it (75% of actual cost), signed by both of us, with our addresses and phone numbers.

Re-entry into the US was pretty much the same, but two agents in the booth. Showed my passport, they asked exactly the same questions and had me roll down the rear window. They looked at the pile of parts and commented on the four rims I had on the roof rack. They asked to see some pictures of the Maserati, I gladly showed them. They asked if I was doing the work myself, how I was doing with the project, how old it is and about the value. I answered straight forward, volunteered nothing, they were perfectly pleasant. Didn't ask for Bill of Sale. Waved me through and that was it.

The parts are definitely not US or Canadian made, so technically likely to have required some kind of import fee. The US agents *did* ask how old the parts were. So maybe a private purchase of used stuff from the 70s just isn't a big deal anymore.

Cheers,
- Art

The Canadian guy I was buying from was parting out a 1977 Maserati Khamsin, I bought everything he had. Here is what ours looks like...

FC9BDEA0-33A2-4251-8EC4-E04D48DFA763.jpeg
Last edited by 67SATisfaction; 04/16/23 08:41 AM.

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle