I would suspect that as soon as the KIA had contact with the tire and went airborne, the air bag sensors detected the the vehicle was out of what would be considered a "normal plain" and would go off. I'm sure that once the frontal bags deployed (impact with the tire) all the other air bag sensors were activated to determine if the vehicle had left the "normal" plane. I doubt nose straight up would have been considered as "normal", and for sure, nose down, rear up, and then upside down wasn't normal.

As for the roof structure, I question the model year for the roof reinforcement. Somewhere around 75 I bought a 72 2 door Plymouth Satellite. Within a few months of that purchase I saw a string of 3 or 5 71 & 72 Satellites or Road Runners that had been put on their roofs. I went and looked at every one of them. I know at least two just sort of flopped over on the roof from going into a ditch. All of them had the top windshield header smashed down against the steering wheel. I remember having a less then favorable opinion of the roof structure of that 2 door body style. Fortunately, my car never had that experience.