I have a friend that was part of the original development team for the current generation Challengers and he said they tried like heck to not have a B pillar but there was no way with the "rollover" standards that they could getaway without it. If you look closely at the first rendition Challenger you will not see a B pillar. They were hoping to have rear quarter glass windows that opened but there was no way that was possible with the rollbar B pillar. Back in the day every manufacture EXCEPT Chrysler Corp, put up a defense on the proposed '66 (two year phase in) NHTSA/FMVSS new car safety standards but look at car and trucks now how much safer they are. 1968 was the turning point for most cars in regards to safety and when I got my first car in 1969 ('69 RR) I wore my lap and shoulder belt all of the time, you should have seen the look on the faces of my passengers when I would put it on and fired up the RR engine with Hooker headers shock shock It was like "what are you going to do and why the seat belt??? panic laugh2 You never know and then it's too late.

OIP (1).jpgR.jpggettyimages-56542556-1024x1024.jpgR (1).jpg