I always find that a second set of hands when doing drum brakes is incredibly helpful. I normally cheat in this step and enlist the help of older friends that were around when drums were pretty much all they had, they're really familiar with them and normally have all the old tools.

I cheat with rusty brake lines most of the time too. Have some people that work relatively cheap and just take it to them, "here, it's your problem, call me when it's done". Depending on the car though, I will do everything I'm capable of. The cars I really care about, I try not to let other people touch. In these rusty brake situations, a lot of penetrating oil and heat are a big help.

I think the biggest things I hate are electrical and other people. When restoring cars, I pretty much want everyone else's hands off of it, I want to do it all because I'm meticulous and anal. I've had to work over other people's work and a lot of the times, things were just not done to my standards, and it bothers me. For example, I helped my father-in-law restore a 55 F100 5 or so years ago. Had a company blast the cab for us. I planned to epoxy the cab but, my father-in-law said that they'll do that too and that's the way he wanted to go. We get the cab back and there are huge runs in it all over the place that I had to sand out. When sanding in certain areas, I run into the original paint, so; I know they didn't blast everything correctly. We flip the cab up and they didn't even blast the bottom side. He asked me what I would do, I told him to take it back to have the bottom blasted because that would be the correct way and he paid to have the whole cab blasted. He didn't want to do that, so; we POR'd the bottom of the cab and I painted it. Everything turned out great but, to this day, it bothers me that the underside of the cab wasn't done correctly. All of this caused me a lot of extra time and impacted the quality of the final product. You can't tell any of this by looking at the truck but, I know it's there.