Originally Posted by redraptor
Originally Posted by HemiSportFury

Don't know why it came out sideways, but you get the idea.

If the file is too large the board does funny things with them.

Does anyone oil/undercoat their trailers that live in the rust belt? Typically race car trailers aren't used in the winter but I have occasionally used my open car trailer in bad weather. I know mine looks good on top but the underneath is showing it's age.

oil undercoat has worked wonders for my 99 caravan.
it came from Arizona, and the only rust showing was on the lower part of both front fenders where the foam is stuffed in from the factory.
i have oiled it up every year. when i get it done, i pull all the factory rubber plugs on the door pillars, as well as multiple 1/2" holes i drilled extra in the doors, gate, and dog leg areas.
there are also multiple taped over plugs in the rockers from the factory. those are removed, and oil is blasted in there, saturating the factory foam.
i also pull the tail lights and have the quarters blasted good. the underside is blasted as one would expect
it leaks like a sieve when done, and is a little [?] messy to work on when needed, but if the rust monster is kept away [and has been for the last 8 or 9 years], it's well worth the expense and aggravation.
i would recommend doing this to your trailer as well, even though it may not be used during the winter.
just moisture in the air [humidity] can cause rust if there is not enough air circulation/towing down the road to dry it off.
just one old guy's observation/opinion/life experience being thrown out there for discussion or dismissal.
your mileage will vary.
beer