An LS or Gen III built well for NA will run you near the top and is probably the best value. I know one mustang with an NA LS 454 ran mid 9s back in 2013 to win the big block NA class. Rey Meyers won Small Block NA in 2016 with his Gen III Hemi ran an average in the 9.7s or 9.8s on pump gas. Both those cars would podium today because the NA classes aren't growing. I know the 2 cars I mentioned both ran stock hydraulic roller valvetrains and stock rocker gear.

Jason Tabscott in his 427" Small Block Chevy went 8.52 today on sick week. That car is awesome because by looking at you know its fast enough to need a cage, but you would likely never guess it would run 8.52@159 unless you saw the chute. He shares a little about his combo, he says it has over 1 inch of lift, its 15:1 and it runs on pump gas for the drives. He Jets down 16 jet sizes to run pump gas. I think it holds together fairly well, I think he can do several events without changing much.

Then there is Curt Johnson who has supposedly retired after tons of wins in the NA classes with big and small block combos. There is another guy in the big block NA class that is in the 8s but I can't remember his name, he runs a big block chevy.

Eddie Miller ran some 8.50s in his duster almost 10 years ago now. Predator big block grandfathered into the pro street class due to floor modifications. He claims he did it on pump gas as well.

Last but not least is Doc Mac in his SEERED 68 Camaro that has a 600++ inch Goodwin Hemi and has runs pretty deep in the 7s NA in the Pro Street class. He is for sure the fastest NA and the only fast NA entry on big tires. Doc's car is a real pro street deal with a radio and wipers and stuff.

That is what I know to be true, I follow this stuff pretty closely and have talked to most of these guys on a drag week at one point.

I can tell you not to build a 68 Barracuda with 70s tech that is almost 400lbs over the class minimum. It got me 3rd place in Street Race Small Block NA in 2021 but likely won't do it again without some big changes lol.

Its an expensive style of event to run, but its awesome. Its 6 days of racing and race car people everywhere you go. Its the backroads and small towns of America in your race car. You can't wait for it to start and you will hate your car for weeks after the event but you will want to sign up for it the next year.

Attached is Jason Tabscott's Camaro and et slip from today.

IMG_1344.JPGIMG_1345.JPG
Last edited by Bad340fish; 02/13/23 05:35 PM.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340