Originally Posted by Sniper
Go look at the formula for calculating thermal transfer efficiency. Guess which variable isn't in it? Time.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320490866_Performance_Analysis_of_Automobile_Radiator

So Sniper's link is about the construction of a cross flow radiator and its configurations. They are comparing radiator designs against each other, so everything is consistent. There is nothing considered concerning over heating. Yes, I read it.

TJP's linky is specifically referring to over heating, its primary concern is low air flow through the radiator. It appears to be an article in a news paper from a guy that had an over heating experience on an LA freeway, so it may well only be an opinion as well.
It does state "If for some reason the air flow rate through the radiator is too low, the radiator won't be able to do its job and the engine may overheat. At this point (after over heating) If the coolant flow rate is increased the engine will then transfer more heat to the coolant which will exacerbate the situation. I looked it up, exacerbate means to aggravate or irritate. Yes, I read it too.

The battle rages onward!