Originally Posted by moparx
what gets [confuses] me, is the "4 degrees advance ground in" claim on the cam description.
why does this get published, and do you then advance it another 4 degrees after you dial in the cam, or leave it there ?
i know i get "cornfused" easily because the spiders have cobwebbed my ol' noggin', but this deal gets me every time, no matter how often it's explained to me.
please help an old dumazz like me understand this better !
beer

If they say that, take most comp cams XE series mopars as an example. The cam is ground on a 110 LSA and is installed C/L at 106. All things being correct, if you lined up dot to dot, the cam should be at the 106 centerline. The grinding of the core is adjusted to make the installed C/L at 106. Sometimes they are spot on, sometimes not.

The cards I've seen the last 35 years have the timing events for where the cam is to be installed. In the above example, the Comp Cams card numbers would be representative of the 106 ICL. If you move it from the recommended installed C/L, then make adjustments when using a DCR calculator.

Lunati card, cut on a 110 LSA install at 106. Numbers on the card are for the 106 installed C/L.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by crackedback; 02/03/23 05:33 PM.