Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by hp383
It would be the 5.2 Magnum Whiplash camshaft

I have been using the 4.30 gears for over 6 years in the truck as a daily driver, grocery getter, and just a fun driver. 70mph at 2300rpm.

there are two of those cams listed, different specs.

I drove around with 4.10 gears and no OD for years too. Drove it from Memphis to San Diego like that too. Would I do it today? No.

You really need to give ALL the specs on your setup when you want something like a carb recommendation.

I believe you are mistaken. There is only ONE 5.2 Magnum Whiplash camshaft listed on Hughes site. Not a 5.9,, not an LA 318, or LA 360, a 5.2 Magnum.

And just because you dont care to drive with steep gears, how is that relevant to carb size?

I gave you the 5.2 Magnum, I gave you the stall, I gave you the transmission, I gave you the gear ratio, I listed the cam (believing that a reasonable person would understand, that when stating they were using a 5.2 Magnum engine, and a whiplash camshaft that said camshaft would be for said application, not a mix and match situation) If you would like to know my tire size, it is 295/60R15 and it is a Hoosier Quick Time DOT radial. I am sorry I do not know my curb weight, or the weight at each corner, and I cannot tell you where the exact center of gravity is on the truck.

Join the Penguin Liberation Front!!
Stop the Hippo Occupation!