Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by TJP
[quote=JohnRR][quote=PROSTOCKTOM]Here's my take on any 60-year old rods that have who knows how many abusive cycle subjected to them.Toss them in the scrap pile and go buy some nice aftermarket H-beam rods.

whistling I CAN'T HEAR YOU whistling but he might later stirthepot
OP, are you listening? If not you should, buy a new better set of rods now.
I race NHRA stock class for many years in my old 1963 Plymouth 415 HP M.W. car as well as helped many other division 7 M.W. racers. We raced the crap out of those motors and learned the hard way to buy new better race parts when it comes to any motor that will be push hard, even now and then.
You DO NOT want a rod, piston or wrist pin failure at any rpm above an idle, trust me on that one twocents
I've been sideways at 115 MPH in the lights sideways due to a piston and rod failure in that car, NOT GOOD down tsk puke
Luckily it didn't hit the guard rail or cross over into the other lane until the other car was out of our way boogie: That failure broke the block, transmission case, front U joint, blew the starter off the tranny and shorted it out on the headers, melted the battery cable all the way to the trunk and blew up the battery, all in about 4 seconds puke shock whiney
As mentioned above, listen now and take action now or regret your lack of actions later tsk
It is always cheaper to make it good now than later work twocents

Cab, Nice of you and the others to try and help beer The old adage comes to mind,
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" unless he's thirsty. This one isn't 🙄🦨