Originally Posted by J_BODY
“Kicked it down uphill to pass a semi”….
With your trans history why do I see you mashing your foot to the floor?

I built a 47RE for my 01 at 34k miles. Even when I sold it last year at 200k it was not even in my head as a worry. Of course I probably only had it “kick down” a handful of times, usually when one of my friends was doing driving duties and didn’t know the idiosyncrasies of piloting that set up. I preferred to not let that happen as pulling a load and having the converter unlock, make the shift, and then apply again can be a shock especially under load.

My 17 3500 has the Aisin. Love the lower 1st gear and it’s much more relaxing to drive than the 01 was.

I did not mash my foot to the floor, typical situation on a three lane highway going up hill and the semi's were jogging for position so I didn't want to lose my momentum too, so I kicked it down about 3/4 throttle to get to the inside lane and get around them. The RPM's went redline and it was tricky to get back to the outside lane and onto the shoulder. It is a 68RFE trans and I take it out of overdrive when I haul the enclosed trailer. Too many damn semi's out there nowadays with steering wheel holders driving them and very few professional drivers... mad

Last edited by Rhinodart; 01/13/23 11:03 AM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!