Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Put an ad on here to sell my 2015 Cummins Ram and got bit. Travelling down I-71 in Ohio last night with my 24' enclosed trailer and kicked it down uphill to pass a semi, guess what happened? Yep, the trans went freewheeling of course. It was running perfectly up until the point, don't know what happened but it is definitely toast! Got towed into a local Ram dealer, my brother in law is on the way to rescue me. I had a great 2022, doesn't look like 2023 will continue the trend... frown

Didn't you just have some repairs done on that recently?

I just had oil and fuel filters done right before the trip, never had a trans service done as I have owned the truck for less than a year and the fluid was pink and full. One question I have now, should I have the trans filter changed when they put the new cooler lines on or find out if the trans is still good then change the filter? $102 for trans fluid right now. Also, on my 2015 5.7 Hemi truck that had the trans changed at 280K miles, shortly afterwards the trans cooler line started leaking and had to have them changed. Is there a known problem with the lines? shruggy

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!