Originally Posted by carnut68
Originally Posted by csk
Originally Posted by Torquemonster440
Originally Posted by rickraw
How about timing? Maybe more advance?

When checked with a timing light ,I'm all in at 38° at 2,000 rpm. Msd Pro billet dist mech advance only...no vac advance, Msd Digital box.

But what is the timing at idle, you should be in the 20 to 25 deg , & about 10 to 15 deg of mechanical advance
He'll never get that with MSD bushings. 18 degree is the smallest. So he's probably @20 initial. I had to get bushings from FBO, they are 10 and 14. I think he needs to find out whether his IFR is in the high or low position. Run a hose between the vent tubes with a hole on top in case fuel is coming out on a hard stop spilling into carb.

I'm at about 20-22° at idle. 37-39° at 2k rpm. Ifr's are in the high position. Upper corners of the metering blocks. The condition will occur even coming to a stop rather gradually. I run a reverse manual valve body.. if I'm in high gear approaching a stop and down shift to second just before it trys to stumble, the rpm increse will mitigate the stumble if I slow down gradually enough. The gauge will still flutter towards 15-16.. but the car won't stall.

Last edited by Torquemonster440; 01/11/23 10:08 AM.

1966 Satellie.. 12.55 @107.75. 906 heads. 3780 lbs.