Originally Posted by aarlucas
At one time, it was fairly easy to buy a set of roller lifters. I have always used comp cams 829 roller lifters and have not has a single problem. However, I am building a new build and want good reliable lifters. I was about to order a new set and I got curious which is better, solid bushed or needle bearing lifters and why to each. I have read so much on this subject now and I am not sure I am any better off than I was before I started reading on the subject.

Dan Jesel has a really good write up on the bushed vs bearing lifters and he still prefers the bearings, many others however, prefer the bushed. Just wondering what every ones experience has been on this subject and which one you use and why?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I tried a set of bushed lifters in one of my predator combos, i had bad results, with only one pass, one of the lifters froze, wiping out a $750 camshaft.. the valve springs were over 1200 lbs open ,and they were very good quality lifters... one of my friends, runs nhra pro stock has tested a set with similar results...... Buyer beware... I'm sure the bushing lifters may be better by now, but once bitten twice shy......