Originally Posted by aarlucas
At one time, it was fairly easy to buy a set of roller lifters. I have always used comp cams 829 roller lifters and have not has a single problem. However, I am building a new build and want good reliable lifters. I was about to order a new set and I got curious which is better, solid bushed or needle bearing lifters and why to each. I have read so much on this subject now and I am not sure I am any better off than I was before I started reading on the subject.

Dan Jesel has a really good write up on the bushed vs bearing lifters and he still prefers the bearings, many others however, prefer the bushed. Just wondering what every ones experience has been on this subject and which one you use and why?

Thanks for your thoughts!

It seems for Mopar blocks its not a cut and dry answer. For example if you have a lifter bushed block and want to utilize the pressurized axle blearing option than you have to use a customized lifter body, most likely a chevy bodied .903 lifter with a properly positioned drilled hole in the bushing to align with the oil band in the lifter.
With that said, I don't think I would use a bushed lifter without the Hipo option. That's my just my opinion. I will be trying them out for the first time myself. I had Crower build me a set of bushed lifters using the Chevy .903 bodies and Mopar BB tie bars. Not a big deal for them to do.

AG.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.