Originally Posted by feets
My new manifold for the 541 arrived the week before Christmas. Things were going bonkers at work so I'm just now finding the time to play with the new parts.
They port matched the intake, converted it to EFI, and added a few vacuum bungs for my EFI needs as well as the vacuum goodies the car needs. A new 4bbl throttle body was part of the package.
The guys at Wilsom complimented my port template on three different occasions. Apparently, most guys are carving "templates" out of corrugated cardboard using a dull beaver. They had some real horror stories there. Mine was made from the heavy card stock sheet that FelPro slides in the box with valley pans.

The work looks good. The port match was under $300 and a full effort job would have added $1100 to the bill. I didn't see the value for what might get me 12 hp on a highway cruiser.

I slid a pair of calipers down the runners of the RPM and my old Weiand science project. The runner height was quite similar but the width was a totally different story. The old piece has much narrower ports than even the untouched portions of the RPM.

I'm fairly certain the new intake will open up a bit better breathing. Unfortunately, it will not fit with the Indy valley pan so I will have to get creative with the gaskets.

If nothing else, it'll look purty when I open the hood. biggrin

Was the under 300.00 just for the port matching?

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time