So I was about to complete my Summit order last night when I stopped because I started to think about my spark plug options...

No Earth shattering stuff here, but we did just replace the plugs on my wife's 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (3.6L V6) and whatever was the OEM stuff got replaced with NGK 7751 plugs (Laser Iridium, NGK Part# ILZKR7B11, Hex Size = 5/8", Heat Range = 7, Gap Size = 0.044", Thread Diameter = 12.00mm).

The Jeep has 150K KMs, so nearly 100K Ms, and if there was one thing I was always unhappy about is that at about 30K KMs the motor started to run a little rough. Nothing major, just that it would not have that smooth idle it originally had. Several dealership visits later netted us nothing, and well, since not many other options presented themselves and my frustration with Mopar was growing exponentially each time we visisted, well we just gave up and ran along with it.

Now after the plug change the motor is butter smooth...I kid you not! This could be a bit of a "mental horsepower" thing also, but I'd swear the engine pulls stronger as well. Hard to quantify though.

OK, so back to the Mopar hotrodding thing we got here: I've been running the NGK V-power plugs in my small block for years now (BKR6E-11). Each time I do any maintenance on the ride they look pretty clean, no complaints. But the tech moves on. NGK has had the Iridium line for a while and now has the new Ruthenium plug line with multiple ground electrode options.

Here are a few specific examples:

1) current plug - BKR6E-11
[Linked Image]

2) Iridium IX - BKR6EIX-11
[Linked Image]

3) Ruthenium HX - FR6BHX-S
[Linked Image]

4) Ruthernium HX -
[Linked Image]

The science behind it, as NGK explains, is that the finer tip and the alternative ground electrode shapes help with preventing the quenching of the starting flame front immediately after the ignition happens. This makes sense to me. Further on they claim other benefits such as less fouling, almost no wear (different materials), etc.

Therefore, given that I'll be finishing up my W2 stroker over the winter I figured why not give this thing a shot?

I'm curious if anyone has tried any of the newer tech plugs?

Thanks!