Time out guys, you might remember the car ran extremely well, strated fine and even idled reasonably well before I started adjusting them. I built them, the engine and the car, it hadn't run in 20 years and the reason I started playing with it was that there was a slight surge at highway speeds, I don't think I am ready to scrape it or the carbs just yet. My statement about getting it to run like a normal car off of just the center is from Tom's document or at least that is how I read it. With everything hooked up it runs really well I was just concerned about the mixture being lean for the trip. My biggest issue write now seems to be stemming from the distributor, it appears the advance plate is stilling and the vacuum advance doesn't hold vacuum, this is on a brand new distributor, I have another one ordered. I really think that is my biggest issue. Since I haven't chased all the numbers I cant say for certain that the metering block and bowl are from the 340 but I have a 4791 base/body in the extra stuff and my ASSUMPTION was that it was bad and replaced with the 440 piece so I just built the 440 one cause that was the one that was on the complete set up when I bought it. I matched all the gaskets as I always do when building a carb so they are at least what was in there, right wrong or otherwise. I wil take some pictures of the block and bowl when I remove them. I've put over 800 trouble free miles on it since I fired it March 31st and plan to drive it over 3000 or so between next week end when I leave and after the Nats when I get home. Not trying to squeeze every ounze of power out of it just want it reliable and of course not doing itself any damage. The help so far has been appreciated so please keep that coming but I am not sure condemning it or me is in order just yet.

Careful, your character's showing!