Originally Posted by Cape
My bore is 4.280, it’s a world iron block, it is notched at the top already but not sure if it’s enough. I don’t have the Indy heads yet. I do have a buddy with the stage 5 millennium heads and those 2.400 intake valves hit either the block or the piston. I did try it with checker springs. The Indy heads I’m thinking of come with Norris rocker arms, how good are those rockers? Thanks

I do love the thought of Millennium heads but I think that's a bit much. Custom intake etc. (And then how big is your selection of intake manifolds?) The problem with using checker springs is yes, it cleared. But what if it's only by .001"? The checker springs won't tell you. Then what happens when it's running? Just notch the block to spec and quit thinking about it. It's fast, easy and if you want to go back to 2.25" intake valves it doesn't hurt anything. 59 years ago the Chrysler engineers gave you room to work with there for this very reason. That's why they gave you that recess in the head gasket. Give them the respect they deserve.

2011 Drag Pak Challenger