Originally Posted by 440Jim
Originally Posted by gregsdart
I was surprised to see the 1.600 long ARP rod bolts only needed 80 to 82 ft lb torque to reach . 0064 to . 0065 stretch.

The torque is what it is. That is why we use the stretch gauge.
FWIW, my Molnar 7.100" rods with ARP 2000 bolts (1.60" under head length) needed 87 ft-lbs to reach the spec stretch.

I want to caution everyone reading this pos that I had one of the same Molnar ARP 2000 rod bolts overstretch on the length at 55 Ft. Lbs. puke
Those instructions siad to use the torque plus 30 degrees more travel. I called Tom and he ended up saying to use between .0057 up to .0064 stretch method instead of using a straight torque setting. I called ARP and they told me to call Tom, they said his bolts are custom made to his specs and they wouldn't say anything else about replacing the bad one. I ended up buying a complete set of those bolts from him and started torquing them to 35 04 40 Ft. lbs to begin with and then work my way up to get between .0059 up to .0063. My message is start low on the torque settings and go up to from there to get the lengths you want in 3 to 5 Ft. Lb increases wrench scope up
That one bolt was the only one that did that confused I suspect the heat treating was bad on that one ONLY whiney

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/08/22 11:24 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)