Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
[s][/s]
Originally Posted by carnut68
Find a local shop that builds and repairs drive shafts for heavy trucks . They can make you one. Luckily here in W Md the shop here builds shafts for the Pro Stick guys. Mine was 250 with the u-joints.

iagree Local truck shop makes shafts for me also. up

the only thing that makes me apprehensive about using a place that does truck shafts, even if their work is flawless, is the speed at which the shaft is balanced at.
most [?] truck places only balance at the slow[er] shaft speed[s] a truck sees, and not the high rpm needed for a car, especially if an overdrive transmission or gearvendors unit is being used.
beer

And the ONLY people I found that can spin a drive shaft at used rpm is Mark Williams, I threw away a brand new Strange shaft, it had a high speed vibration, called Strange & they FINALLY admitted they can only spin them 500rpm ,so did the alum shaft I had before, did all the pinion angle adjustments ECT.ECT.ECT, got a Mark Williams one built & the car is SMOOTH as glass at 130 mph smile

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5