I also have a new BM big bore Aluminum Hemi block on a stand and I'm collecting parts so that I can begin building a 540ci Hemi. I'm expecting to have the sleeves / bores machined to fit the custom pistons, the lifter bores machined to fit the roller lifters, the block decked to spec, and an align-hone on the billet main caps to make sure everything is perfectly straight. Some of the early blocks need some clearancing done in the rear of the lifter galley to clear the link-bar on the roller lifters, but my BM block had this done all ready directly from BM. Something I didn't know about these blocks was they need oil restricting to prevent oil pooling at the top of the heads. This is done by threading in inserts into the topside of the block. There may be other requirements to get these blocks prepped correctly, so I'm all ears if someone wants to chime in with their experience or knowledge.

I ordered a set of Edelbrock Heads in September of 2021 from well known Mopar race shop. They canceled my order 6 months later as Edelbrock couldn't fulfill the order in a timely manner. I ended up re-ordering the heads elsewhere else and I'm expecting the heads to arrive soon. It's unreal to wait over a year for a set of heads. My next step will be purchasing the rotating assembly. I'm leaning towards a custom piston pushing 11:0-11.5:1 static compression.

Last edited by BigDaddy440; 12/03/22 09:44 PM.

1969 A12 Roadrunner
1970 Plymouth Cuda
1968 Dodge Dart